When using news to attract P2s and serve P1s, you want to program your news content strategically to increase your market share significantly.
You can use radio news to catch new listeners (including some P1s of your competition, if your quality content is giving people a strong reason to tune in), but how to program radio news content to boost Average Quarter Hours? Some ideas for Full Service AC stations (as well as News/Talk formats), based on a conversation with veteran radio programmer & consultant Don Watson.
This article will give you ideas & insights on:
- how to schedule one or more newscasts an hour effectively
- how to program your newscast to counter your competition’s
- how to grab (and hold on to) people’s attention for your content
- how to make the most out of your most essential quarter hour
- how to pull listeners into your two secondary quarter hours
- how to deal with your least significant quarter hour
- and much more (around 2.300 words)
(Log in to continue reading)
Not a Premium Member yet? > CLICK HERE FOR A 7-DAY TRIAL <